Take Three Voice Acting Podcast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listen to my Story...

4 posters

Go down

Listen to my Story... Empty Listen to my Story...

Post  bomberman61 Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Chances are that if you're here, you have love for voice acting. Sometimes, that love leads us to create our own original projects, such as radioplays. For all of you writers out there, where do your ideas for radioplays come from? What inspires you to write the radioplays you write?

bomberman61
Admin

Back to top Go down

Listen to my Story... Empty Role Playing

Post  Niko Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 pm

My radioplays come from a love of working as part of a team. A good idea can benefit immensely when bounced around between people and I just love how different ideas and points of view can create something whole and beautiful. So everything I do is a collaboration be it a script for Murphy's Law or WRE. One day I might write something all my own but... I don't know. It just isn't all that appealing to me when I can be working with others.

This coming from a introvert who generally despises most people XD
Niko
Niko

http://spectrumvoid.net/

Back to top Go down

Listen to my Story... Empty Re: Listen to my Story...

Post  BigTUnit1 Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, Second Soul started as an idea for a movie, as a mix of a sci-fi and Western combination. As I tossed various ideas in my head, a process that took years, my story was set, but it took a complete turn from it's original design. Since the plot became more improvable in a movie format, I decided I would attempt to turn it into a radioplay:) The Day My Voice Changed was just an idea that I had practically the first day on the VAA forum, but only became a possibility when I felt more confident in my mixing abilities:D I have some other Radioplay ideas, but I'm gonna put those on the back burner for now^^

BigTUnit1

Back to top Go down

Listen to my Story... Empty A little bit of everything

Post  nikedrummer33 Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Not really radioplay but what the hell.

Man, where to begin. I've been writing since as long as I can remember, I'd say about 7, yeah that sounds about right. At first my inspiration to write was merely a form of escapism from the world around me. I used to come up with off the wall ideas that I don't even remember haha. I recently came across a box of all my old belongings and oddly enough I found old writings and even mini-recorder tapes. You know what I'm talking about, those tiny tapes that fit into your portable tape recorder. To my surprise I even have the old tape recorder haha, and yeah, I made fake radio shows, oh god the horry that they were. Although it was amusing to listen to my youthful high pitched voice it was a bit weird at the same time because I was so creative as a child and just off the wall with ideas. I always loved acting in some shape or form and since I'm an extremely shy person I enjoyed using my voice in certain situations. I'm slowly moving into Voice Acting more and am learning a lot mainly through my own project. As I got older my writing, art and ideas overall just matured. When I started my novel series *inserts shameless plug here* Shattered Heaven in 11th grade I was originally inspired by my old transformers I found in the attic when I was cleaning. From there on I started writing a single chapter for a project but soon found I couldn't stop. I went on to write the original 6 novels and then scrapped them and started to redo them all, more organized and making much much more sense. Since 05 I've been working on them, finished the first 3 and am more than half way done with the 4th.

In working on these I've found that my inspiration just appears out of the blue, and I have to write with music, I've found that I get more into the scene and my writing is drastically better when I listen to music as opposed to not. Now my inspiration to finish is my desire to become published and to entertain people with my writing. I started watching more anime and such and really got into Gundam to an extent, and when I started designing the art for it I really used Gundam a lot for influences on what I was going to make these mechs look like. But for the official novels when they do get published (close, I have a proof and some other stuff but that's for another time ^^) I redesigned them all for a more original look and they'll appear *insert next shameless plug* in the anime version of the series, Shattered Heaven: In Search of Destiny at some point. (Which Mochan has a leading role in *end shameless plug*)

So my inspiration lately to write and work on this series has been to finish it and to continue to entertain. In writing this I have become deeply connected with all the characters and the events that they go through. I've always been a creative person and writing has always been my number one outlet for it, followed by the art.

So yeah..haha, I think that pretty much covers my story. lol

nikedrummer33

http://www.azure-productions.com

Back to top Go down

Listen to my Story... Empty Re: Listen to my Story...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum